5 foods that are dangerous for your pet

One of the basic rules of pet care is to know what you can feed your pet and what you can’t. It is better to stick to pet diet. Some regular foods can be dangerous, in fact, life threatening for your pets. Here are five human foods that are toxic to your pets.

Chocolate

It is dangerous for your dogs. You should keep chocolates away from the reach of your pet.  Chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine. These fall under the methylxanthines category. White chocolate is less dangerous as it contains a low amount of methylxanthines. Eating chocolates can cause dehydration, vomiting, severe agitation, abdominal pains, irregular heart rhythms, muscle tremor, seizures and even death!

Milk

Puppies drink milk from their mother after they are born. But some dogs suffer from lactose intolerance. Dogs cannot break down milk sugar. Thus, consumption of milk may lead to diarrhea, vomiting, and other gastrointestinal problem.

Cheese

Just like milk, cheese contains sugars and fatty substances that the dog enzymes cannot break. If consumed in excess, it can cause diarrhea ad vomiting.

Grapes

Eating grapes can cause rapid kidney failure. Vomiting and diarrhea are common symptoms. The dog may die within 3 to 4 days if kidney failure occurs.

Garlic

Garlic contains strong toxic compounds that are harmful to your pets. The effect of consuming garlic won’t appear right away. Your pet will slowly feel tired, and his or her urine will be orange or dark red in color. Your pet might even have to go through a blood transfusion to survive.

We all make simple mistakes in pet diet. But the foods that are mentioned can cause severe damage to the health of your pet. You must avoid these foods at all means.

blogpost1image1


Leave a Reply